Contribute to making the District of North Vancouver a great place to live, work and play for generations to come. Stretching from Deep Cove in the east to the Capilano River Canyon in the west, the District of North Vancouver is characterized by innovative municipal government that maintains and enhances the quality of life for its residents and businesses. Fuelled by the District’s award-winning Official Community Plan to build vibrant and sustainable communities for people of all ages and backgrounds, we are looking to fill this regular, full-time position. A flexible, family-friendly employer with an inclusive work place culture, the District offers exciting career options, professional development opportunities and a competitive salary and benefits package. Work for an employer of choice, help build this North Shore community, and leave a lasting legacy. Come work for one of BC’s Top Employers and contribute to making this a great place to work!
This is storekeeping and purchasing work in directing storekeeping operations, maintaining appropriate stock levels, processing requisitions, maintaining computerized records, generating related reports and preparing quotations requests. The work includes supervising the work of one or more subordinates engaged in clerical and manual storekeeping duties, ensuring security of all stores and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts. The incumbent exercises considerable independence of judgement and action, with clearly defined limits, referring the more complex or policy matters to a superior who reviews work performance in terms of effective services rendered. You will maintain Material Safety Data Sheets in compliance with WHMIS regulations and operate a forklift to move, store and retrieve various items as required.
The successful applicant will have:
- considerable knowledge of the storekeeping policies, practices and procedures used in receiving, ordering, issuing and storing a variety of materials, supplies, services and equipment;
- considerable knowledge of WHMIS regulations governing the work performed;
- sound knowledge of the sources, types, quantities and prices of goods and services required by the District;
- the ability to plan and direct the operations of a small storekeeping section;
- the ability to plan, assign, check and supervise the work of one or more subordinates;
- the ability to use software applications related to work;
- the ability to operate a forklift in a safe and efficient manner.
Completion of twelfth school grade supplemented by courses in purchasing, logistics and inventory management plus sound related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Work toward or achievement of a SCMP, CPIM, CSCP or SMT certification highly desirable. Preference will be given to candidates with working knowledge of an ERP system, MS Word and Excel. A valid BC Driver's License and an Industrial Lift Truck Operator Certificate are both required.
PG 22; $32.94 - $38.78 per hour based on a 40 hour work week.
September 30, 2018
We thank you for your interest in employment with the District of North Vancouver and advise that only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.