Senior Telecommunications Specialist
BC Public Service
Ministry of Citizen’s Services
Senior Telecommunications Specialist$73,768.80- $84,361.58 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
The Ministry of Citizen’s Services is responsible for Information Communication Technologies (ICT) vision and strategy to support the economic, health, education and public safety of British Columbians. The Information Communication Technologies Division provides leadership and expertise for the expansion, coordination and provisioning of telecommunications services, vendor management, innovation, and technology that enable the digital transformation of government work environments and communities in every corner of the Province.
This is a senior individual contributor technologist role to provide leadership in the planning, designing and management of Telecommunication technologies across multiple provincial public Ministries, Crowns and Health Authorities. This senior telecommunications architecture / systems engineering role requires both a detailed knowledge of Telecommunications technologies, as well as the business acumen to understand how to effectively apply those technologies to create value. The position entails consolidating telecommunications requirements across multiple stakeholder organizations, analyzing the best technical solutions to meet those needs, gaining executive consensus on a strategy and providing technical and business analysis to sourcing options.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in telecommunications, engineering, computer science or a related field AND a minimum of five years of relevant experience.
- Telecommunication industry experience (i.e. requirements gathering, network architecture, and systems engineering for voice, cellular and LAN/WLAN/WAN services).
- Experience architecting telecommunication solutions to meet specific business needs – for voice, cellular and LAN/WLAN/WAN data services.
- Experience writing and executing telecommunications business plans.
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and consultation. Preference may be given to applicants with experience in the context of multi-party project that requires building trust with multiple and diverse stakeholders and managing influence.
For more information and to apply online by October 2, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/53930