REGIONAL DISTRICT OF CENTRAL KOOTENAY - Nelson
With an outstanding temperate climate, surrounded by mountains and set on the shores of Kootenay Lake, part of Nelson's charm is its stunning scenery and quintessential small-town atmosphere. But don't let the location fool you - this community boasts a strong and diverse economy and offers convenient access to great schools, parks and healthcare services. Locals enjoy a wide range of recreational activities year round. Join us in the Kootenays and see what everyone’s talking about!
The RDCK is seeking applications for the permanent, full-time GIS Supervisor to join the Development Services team. This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled, passionate GIS specialist to not only coordinate, but also be instrumental in developing and implementing targeted GIS solutions for RDCK teams, services and partners. Working collaboratively with leaders both internal and external to the RDCK, this position will be responsible for creating innovative GIS solutions that meet current needs, as well as projecting future opportunities to incorporate GIS services into our work. The GIS Supervisor will provide supervision to the GIS team, allocating time and resources across projects to ensure that service demands can be met.
The GIS Supervisor works closely with the General Manager to drive short and mid-term goals and objectives for the GIS team. They will also work closely with external GIS groups and leaders to promote the ongoing development and incorporation of GIS services into our workplace, teams and services. The GIS Supervisor will be looking for avenues to expand the RDCK’s mapping data through partnerships, grants and other opportunities they identify. As GIS Supervisor, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work across many exciting projects, including:
- National Disaster Mitigation Project
- Asset Management
- LiDAR acquisition and distribution
- Collaboration with Selkirk College on open data and policy
- Continued development of online GIS portal and tools, both public-facing and internal
- Implementation of ArcGIS Pro
The RDCK offers a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with your qualifications, experience and skill. For more information about this position, remuneration or anything else, contact Human Resources via the information, below.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in GIS, Computer Science in association with GIS concepts
- 5 years work experience in progressively more complex GIS positions
- At least 1 year supervisory experience, ideally in a GIS position
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Experience working within a local government, preferably within a Regional District or other rural setting
- Experience with database development and design
- Valid BC Driver’s License, satisfactory Drivers Abstract and satisfactory Criminal Record
This posting, along with a detailed job description, can be found on our website at www.rdck.ca under Administration, Jobs & Employment Opportunities. Applications in the form of a resume and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience relative to the position will be accepted until 11:59pm Sunday September 30, 2018.
Regional District of Central Kootenay
Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson, BC V1L 5R4
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: (250) 352-8150
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay. All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted again.
This posting may be used to fill other similar positions with the Development Services team over the next six months.