Contract ManagerRequisition ID: 11340
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Contract Manager will manage the hired equipment and services for the Engineering Operations Branches and will ensure consistent/transparent practices while maximizing efficient use of the services.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Updates and creates, policies, processes, guidelines and practices related to the management of hired contracted equipment and operators
- Consults with Supply Chain Management and Operations to develop applicable Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators.
- Works with Operations to develop and implement strategies to maximize efficiencies related to hired equipment and services.
- Manages lists of contractors relating to selection lists and maintenance of required base information as well as the registration processes, collection of maintenance equipment information and issue management.
- Leads meetings with large external groups/stakeholders.
- Monitors the completion and manages the quality of contracted work and conducts orientations to sites for new contractors.
- Receives, investigates and resolves complaints.
- Monitors compliance with contract requirements and communicates compliance issues and penalties.
- Issues information, feedback and corrective action to companies and operators as issues arise.
- Monitors budgets related to contracts and seeks cost saving measures.
- Manages dispatch staff.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by technical and/or business management courses related to Construction, Engineering/Public Works Operations.
- Experience managing contracts and managing dispatch services within a large construction environment.
- A Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) Designation is preferred.
- A current and valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License and a safe driving record is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong working knowledge of relevant legislation (OHS, MOT, NSC, etc) and construction equipment terminology.
- Familiarity with supply chain management practices.
- Strong analytical skills related to systems for collecting, analyzing and reporting out on data.
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills including technical writing, facilitating meetings, giving presentations and the ability to provide clear direction.
- Strong management and supervisory skills.
- Experience hiring, coaching, mentoring, performance and attendance management and progressive discipline practices.
- Ability to prioritize and organize work, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement and decision making and to clearly articulate these results.
Business Unit/Department: Engineering Services (1300)
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
Application Close: September 30, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.