Director, Labour Relations
BC Public Service
BC Public Service Agency
Director, Labour Relations$87,600.00 – $114,100.00 annually
This position is excluded from union membership.
A high profile leadership role for an experienced facilitator with outstanding collaborative skills
The Labour Relations Branch of the BC Public Service Agency is responsible for providing cross-government and cross-agency labour relations services on behalf of the public service. The Branch also represents government at arbitrations before the Labour Relations Board and in collective bargaining.
The Director, Labour Relations provides negotiation and labour relations services across government ministries and agencies and leads a professional team of labour relations experts in an environment where labour and employment law, regulations and policy are continually evolving.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field, such as law, public administration, or industrial relations plus a minimum 6 years of recent labour relations experience in a unionized environment; OR, a minimum 6 years of recent experience as a human resources practitioner that includes significant labour relations experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience communicating research findings and policy advice to audiences of senior decision makers and labour relations specialists.
- Experience in negotiations with Union representatives.
Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Experience leading teams.
- Experience leading complex negotiations.
- Experience with collective bargaining or as a support to bargaining.
- Experience representing the Employer before arbitration and/or administrative tribunals.
For more information and to apply online by September 25, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/53464