GIS Specialist 1/CAD Tech
City of Surrey
GIS Specialist 1/CAD Tech (2-Year Project)
The CAD Technician (GIS Specialist 1) is responsible for the maintenance of geospatial data, as well as, the design and creation of digital products such as maps, display, and reports.
- Checks submitted drawings and plans for adherence to municipal standards and mark up corrections as necessary.
- Designs and creates maps, plans, drawings, presentation material, documents, databases and other digital products utilizing GIS and CAD knowledge and skills.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, legal and land use plans.
- Communicates problems, identifies deficiencies and suggests solutions to GIS data related issues.
- Performs other duties as required
- Completed a Bachelor's Degree in an acceptable related engineering discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution, plus 1 year of directly related and relevant experience.
- Completed a Diploma in an acceptable related engineering discipline from a recognized post-secondary institution, plus 3 years of directly related and relevant experience.
- Completed technical courses in the field, plus 5 years of directly related and relevant experience.
- Experience in a municipal setting is preferred.
Qualified applicants will be able to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings (design and as-built)
- Demonstrable experience with CAD Drafting processes, procedures and techniques
- Considerable knowledge with various CAD and GIS file formats
- High amount of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Able to deliver value-added customer service
- Strong problem solving skills
This job will be posted until September 28, 2018.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca