Manager, Plan Review
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Manager, Plan Review
Job ID# 2018354
$102,228 to $127,784 (Annual Salary)
The Manager, Plan Review manages the plan review and permit processing section of the Building Approvals Department to ensure proposed building construction in Richmond complies with Building Codes, City of Richmond bylaws and other applicable regulations. The Manager communicates and sets standards and expectations for service delivery for effective implementation of policy directives. The Manager of Plan Review reports to the Director of Building Approvals.
Examples of key work activities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage overall department workflow of permit processing and plan review to provide excellence in customer service.
- Monitor and measure the performance of the permit processing and plan review teams.
- Provide leadership and guidance to professional and plan review staff in implementation of bylaw regulations to ensure consistency in interpretation of code and bylaw regulations.
- Lead technical consultation with external professional consultants and developers in respect to interpretation and application of codes, City bylaws and zoning regulations to ensure their compliance.
- Review code analysis, material selections, and technical solutions to pass independent judgment on complex plans.
- Manage project timelines for large and complex developments to ensure smooth service delivery.
- Lead coordination with Inspections staff, as required, to ensure consistency in interpretation and implementation of directives during building construction phase on complex projects.
Required Education & Experience:
Professional Degree in Architecture or Engineering or other related field from a recognized post-secondary institution; supplemented by 5 – 10 years of demonstrated work experience in the building industry in a managerial or supervisory capacity. Experience working in a municipal setting is considered an asset. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered. Certification or eligibility for certification with AIBC or EGBC is required.
For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. We are accepting applications until October 8, 2018 at 11:59pm.
The City of Richmond offers a competitive pay and benefits program, attractive incentives and a compressed work day schedule.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.