Police Records Clerk
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Police Records Clerk
Auxiliary Opportunities Available
Job ID: 2018211
$26.92 to $31.64 per hour
The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire multiple Auxiliary Police Records Clerks to fill our current and future needs for 2018. This clerical role involves some variety and complexity in maintaining the records system utilizing the Police Records Information Management System (PRIME) and other police related electronic data systems as required. This role will be required to work non-standard hours, in a 24/7/365 operation.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Ability to retrieve, maintain, create, sort and scan a variety of records and files applicable to the work.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to effectively manage time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently and work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to exercise professionalism and tact.
- Ability to work effectively to meet goals individually and collaboratively.
- Ability to research and search for requested information using several internal sources.
- Ability to answer work related inquiries from internal and external contacts.
- Ability to make discretionary decisions, take initiative and exercise independent thought and good judgement.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to the dynamic needs of the position as well as Department.
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven time management and organizational skills.
Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent supplemented by course work in typing, PRIME and CPIC. A minimum of one (1) year of related experience preferably in a Police Department OR an equivalent combination of training and experience. The successful applicant will have the ability to type 50 wpm and obtain and maintain and Enhanced RCMP Security Clearance.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
The City of Richmond uses an applicant tracking system for candidates wishing to view and apply for available career opportunities. For further details regarding this specific career opportunity, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format). The closing date for Job ID: 2018211, Police Records Clerk is 11:59pm, on December 31, 2018.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries, please.