Finance & Technology – Information Technology & GIS
Status Regular Fulltime
Hours of Work 70 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay $39.86 - $45.19 per hour (2016 rates)
Review of applications begins 4:00pm on August 28 but competition will remain open until filled
The Application Developer is responsible for the analysis and development of custom web and mobile solutions, providing analytical support and preparation of the initial system requirements from definition phase to prototyping and development of suitable customer solutions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Designs, plans, evaluates, and develops n-tier solutions that target Web and mobile client user experiences
- Evaluates technologies and tools for use in systems design, construction, and integration.
- Evaluates and recommends tools and add-ons to assist with the development and deployment of software.
- Works with project managers, Financial Analysts and others to design, develop, and document new and maintain existing business applications.
- Assists in complex system sizing, resource estimates, scope and requirements for a variety of projects.
- Prepares development plans for application construction, implementation and ongoing system support.
- Prepares and submits comprehensive feasibility studies including detailed documentation of operating processes with recommendations identifying specific areas for computerization.
- Constructs new applications, interfaces and maintenance changes as directed.
- Designs, develops and implements applications and modules which will span the Presentation, Middle and Data Layers.
- Acts as a technical expert in programming, system design, and development related activities.
- Develops SQL scripts and stored procedures.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and adherence to systems development methodologies.
- Designs and builds databases to corporate standards as required.
- Software Design including 3-tier architecture.
- Promotes systems, databases and processes to production.
- Prepares and executes test cases for unit and integration testing.
- Ensures data integrity and accuracy throughout all development projects.
- Prepares system and technical documentation and training material as required.
- Follows all policies, procedures and standards of the CRD.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline and 6 - 8 years’ application development experience working in a complex computing environment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and customer service skills are required.
- Experience in developing a wide range of applications for the browser environment
- Thorough understanding of application development standards, systems development life cycle and the Microsoft Windows operating systems, standard application development troubleshooting techniques and an understanding of Information
Technology methodologies and procedures
- Expert in ASP.NET web application including web forms and MVC
- Proficient in developing Web Services (SOAP, REST, WCF, ASP.Net Web API)
- Demonstrated experience designing systems for operation in an enterprise relational database environment; utilizing SQL Server
- Knowledge of Microsoft-based server technologies including IIS 7.X
- Experience with the following technologies is an asset: SiteFinity CMS and ESRI Product Suite
- Experience working with automated systems
- Ability to work independently, problem solve and to perform all duties with minimal direction.
- Extensive experience working with various business areas in analyzing and documenting business requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills • Strong project management, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively under deadline pressures
- Must possess a valid BC Driver’s Licence (Class #5).
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume and covering letter online at www.crd.bc.ca under “Careers”. The CRD wishes to thank you for your interest and advises that only those candidates under active consideration will be contacted.