The City of Port Moody is a growing community of 34,000 residents located 30 minutes east of downtown Vancouver at the head of the Burrard Inlet and just steps from seaside parks, mountain trails and lakes. To achieve our mission of providing services that enhance the quality of life for all of our residents, we are looking for motivated individuals to complement our team.
LabourerJob ID: 18-78
Job Class: Regular Full-time
Employment Group: CUPE 825 (Outside)
# of Vacancies: 1
Posting Period: August 7 - 19, 2018
The City of Port Moody is looking for an enthusiastic, hard working individual to provide labour assistance and perform basic maintenance work including operating a variety of small equipment / trucks and related construction duties, as well as emergency work, while following operational and safety procedures. This is a regular, full-time position in the Solid Waste & Recycling division. Duties will include acting as a relief Solid Waste Collection Operator on an as-needed basis.
This is routine manual work entailing considerable physical effort and agility in the safe performance of a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled jobs. The Labourer will drive and operate a variety of equipment while performing tasks such as grass cutting, installing signs, compacting materials, cutting pipe and litter collection. This position also assists with emergency maintenance and repairs.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police information check and a satisfactory driver’s abstract. Please submit your application online @ www.portmoody.ca/jobs by the posting close date.
- Grade 12 education plus a minimum of six months job-related experience including:
- Experience using a various types of machinery on construction and landscape sites
- Experience in the maintenance and construction of roads, sewers, waterworks and parks
- Experience with traffic control, snow removal, flood control and other emergency response
- Ability to operate a variety of small equipment safely and efficiently
- Sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions
- Valid Class 3 Driver's License with Air Endorsement is required
Branch/Location Office: Works Yard
City: Port Moody
Province: British Columbia [BC]
Compensation - Hourly: $26.91 - $28.96
Compensation & Benefits Overview: The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.