TL Senior Internal Audit Specialist
TransLink (South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority)
TL Senior Internal Audit Specialist
The South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority (TransLink) is one of Canada’s most innovative transportation authorities, founded in 1999 to plan and manage transportation within Metro Vancouver. We’ve achieved success not only in improving the transportation network of the region, but helping maintain the enviable lifestyle of residents and the viability of local businesses. TransLink and our family of companies (Coast Mountain Bus Company, B.C. Rapid Transit Company and Transit Police) are proud to be one of BC’s Top Employers.
Responsible for the planning, coordination, and execution of selected enterprise-wide audits and consultation services.
- Prepares assessments of audit projects to become familiar with business processes and identify areas with potential control or process opportunities; evaluates the adequacy of internal controls to manage risks and protect corporate assets from loss.
- Conducts analyses of assessments to protect corporate assets from loss and evaluating business processes to determine legality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the management of financial, physical, and human resources.
- Prepares audit reports and recommendations for improvements to systems, processes, policies, and internal controls; collects management responses and action plans; conducts post-audit follow-up to evaluate the implementation status, progress, and effectiveness of recommendations.
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to gather data, review audit findings. Provides senior- level advice and consultation to the applicable Board of Directors or the Audit Committee on audit matters as required.
- Participates in the development of annual audit plans and strategies, including identifying potential audits within the enterprise based on level of priority and criteria, collecting data on functions within each audit unit, and assessing inherent risk and control risk within each of the audit units.
- Conducts special projects and investigations, as required, including preparing report findings and identifying internal control implications.
Education and Experience:
A university degree in business or a related discipline, plus a professional accounting designation
A minimum of 5 years’ of recent internal audit experience in assessing internal controls and risk management within a large organization in the public sector
- Solid knowledge of industry-standard financial auditing, reporting, and risk management procedures, practices and techniques
- Specialty designation, such as CIA, CISA, or PMP
- Solid project management skills
- Solid knowledge of financial systems
- Strong relationship management skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Solid time management and organizational skills to ensure critical deadlines are met
- Proficiency on all office software, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
For Further Information and How to Apply:
Please go to http://www.translink.ca/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process. Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions. Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Work Schedule: 37.5 hours per week.
Location: Sapperton, New Westminster