The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Job ID: 2018316
$40.50 to $47.82 per hour
Do you have experience in cost estimating and managing projects or functions, including management of budgets?
If so, we are looking for you! We have a Regular Full-Time opportunity for a Cost Estimator in our Engineering Design & Construction Department.
In this role, you will have two significant functions: to provide various classes of estimates for the five year capital program and Public Works construction and to routinely assists with managing projects and occasionally manages projects that are more routine in nature.
We are looking for someone who has:
- A BCIT Civil & Structural Diploma (or equivalent) or CEC certification through the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors (or equivalent).
- A minimum of (5) years sound related experience.
- Eligibility for AScT certification as a Technologist (1 year minimum following completion of B.C.I.T) and/or equivalent combination of education and field experience.
- Ability to compile and analyze data from various external and internal sources and finalize cost estimates and make recommendations on scope, schedule, budget and resources.
- Ability to effectively manage and problem solve construction related projects that routinely involve difficult, specialized, or emotionally charged situations.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply to be a Cost Estimator today.
If you are looking to make a difference, and to share our vision “to be the most appealing, livable, and well-managed community in Canada,” please submit your application by following the instructions below:
The City of Richmond uses an applicant tracking system for candidates wishing to view and apply for available career opportunities. For further details regarding this specific career opportunity, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. Applicants will be required to upload a current resume and provide any supporting documentation relevant to the position (Word format). The closing date for Job ID# 2018316, Cost Estimator is 11:59pm, on August 16, 2018.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries, please. This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada