Manager - Special Investigations Unit
BC Public Service
Manager - Special Investigations UnitMinistry of Health
Salary $73,400.00 - $101,900.00
The Ministry of Health has overall responsibility for ensuring that quality, appropriate, cost-effective and timely health services are available for all British Columbians. The province’s health authorities are the organizations primarily responsible for health service delivery. Five regional health authorities deliver a full continuum of health services to meet the needs of the population within their respective geographic regions. A sixth health authority, the provincial Health Services Authority, is responsible for managing the quality, coordination and accessibility of specialized services and province -wide health programs.
The Ministry’s Audit and Investigations Branch provides effective oversight of MSP, PharmaCare and Ministry compliance through the conduct of audits, regulatory or criminal investigations of intentional miss-billing, fraud and internal wrongdoing to support recovery proceedings and prosecution opportunities, to detect serious noncompliance, and deter inappropriate access to funded health programs/benefits.
As the Manager - Special Investigations Unit, you are responsible for developing, implementing and managing an investigation unit to identify and investigate non-compliance with provincial statutes, policies and the Criminal Code of Canada. In this role, you will exercise a significant degree of expert judgement, initiative and discretion in identifying, managing and conducting investigations. In addition, you will determine the goals, objectives and strategies for the unit, ensuring they are aligned with those of the Audit and Investigation Branch, prioritize cases for investigation, liaise closely with senior managers within MSP and PharmaCare audit, the compliance auditor on issues in Ministry programs, and other Divisions and non-ministry agencies.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in business administration, public administration, criminal law or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be eligible to qualify for Special Provincial Constable status.
- Experience in development of policy and procedures.
- Experience in investigative techniques, preferably with a policing and/or commercial crime background.
- Experience leading multifaceted investigations and demonstrated experience conducting complex criminal investigations and taking enforcement action.
- Experience in preparing and obtaining production orders, search warrants, subpoenas, court briefs and in securing evidence in accordance with the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- Valid B.C. driver’s licence.
For more information and to apply online, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/53117