Town of Beaumont
A career opportunity exists for a Director, Finance in the Town of Beaumont. Beaumont is a fast growing community located 1.5 km south of Edmonton which gives residents access to all the amenities of a large metropolitan city while offering the lifestyle of a smaller, close-knit community. With over 18,000 residents, plenty of recreational activities, new schools and dedicated workers, Beaumont is the perfect place to call home.
Reporting to the General Manager, Corporate Services, the Director of Finance has accountability and responsibility for all functions related to financial reporting, accounting, budgeting, payroll, revenue collection, expenditure control, and procurement. This position provides overall direction and leadership for these functions, with an emphasis on developing and implementing strategic goals and delivery of service. The position is responsible for the stewardship for the financial resources and assets and provides strategic advice to Council on municipal finance and financial stability.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Directing accounting policies, procedures and internal controls related to financial and administrative services for Beaumont
- Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Leading and ensuring the validity of annual budgets according to policy and operating agreements
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable and receivable, credit control and petty cash
- Prepare the monthly financial reports and implement monthly variance reporting
- Oversee proper cost controls, recording of payment and revenues, expenditures and bank reconciliation
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaising with external auditors
As the ideal candidate, you have the following:
- A University degree in Accounting, Commerce, Business, or a related discipline, with a minimum of five to seven years related experience (a combination of education and work-related experience may be considered)
- Certified Professional Accountant designation
- Advanced skills with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Access and Outlook)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic thinking and relationship building skills, in addition to being adaptable and performing well under pressure
- Strong research and analytical skills to examine and assess documents, and prepare a variety of reports and correspondence
The salary range for this permanent full-time position is $94,786 - $123,674 (starting salary is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications). If you think that you’re the one we’re searching for, please submit your impressive cover letter and resume no later than August 31, 2018 to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.