Human Resources Associate
Human Resources Associate
Job Id: 18-095
Department: Human Resources
Salary: $28.70 - 34.17 per hour
Closing: August 26, 2018
Come grow with us! Maple Ridge located in Metro Vancouver is a vibrant and rapidly growing City with outstanding recreation, arts and cultural amenities and some of the most affordable housing in the region. This combined with a dynamic community makes Maple Ridge a great place to work, play and live. Come join us and be part of the change.
Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication, interpersonal skills and exceptional customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you.
We are currently recruiting for a temporary full time Human Resources Associate for approximately six (6) months. This is front line customer service position.
A little bit about you:
- A minimum of 2 years administrative experience within Human Resources;
- The ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential material whilst exercising sound judgment
- High attention to detail and accuracy of work;
- Can work well in a fast-pace dynamic team environment;
- Have outstanding verbal and written communication skill along with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills;
- You are detail oriented, independent and a well-organized individual;
- Completed a Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management or a related discipline supplemented by post-secondary course in Human Resources administration;
- Proficiency in the use of an ATS system (Hiredesk);
- Have excellent MS Office skills, typing speed of 50 wpm.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Coordinating a variety of human resources support services and functions which includes responding to customer service inquiries and providing information to managers, employees and the public.
- Providing a full range of confidential administrative assistant support to the Human Resources Team,
- Administering electronic recruitment and selection processes and ensuring Collective Agreement requirements and related policies are met.
- Updating and maintaining HR’s applicant tracking system and assisting Hiring Managers when required. Investigates systems related issues concerning applications and job postings; and recommends solutions
- Administering a variety of human resources transactions within the various human resource functions such as recruitment, payroll entry, onboarding and employee status changes such as retirement, and promotion. Creating, maintaining and tracking recruitment, classification and labour relations reports and files.
- Researching, compiling and analyzing information and statistical data
- Assisting with preparation of job descriptions and classification reviews.
- organizing and arranging training and corporate events
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Information Check as a condition of employment. (Note – not required a part of the application process; however, will be required upon consideration for employment)
All required licenses, certificates and registrations associated with this competition must also be valid and current at the time the postings close and must be attached with your application. Please have these documents ready to upload when you apply.
What we offer you:
The City offers a competitive compensation package that includes a strong wellness program and the opportunity for career and professional development.
If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.