19 – 24 Avenue South
Cranbrook BC V1C 3H8
Phone: (250) 489-2791 or 1-888-478-7335
Qualifications and experience include:
- Planning Technician’s diploma and one-year experience in land development or land use planning or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of zoning bylaws and other land use regulations and procedures.
- Knowledge of the Local Government Act and Regulations and the Agricultural Land Commission Act and Regulations.
- B.C. Driver’s Licence.
Key Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read and interpret building and site plans.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, subdivision plans, legal documents and land titles, and the ability to locate and retrieve same.
- Demonstrated computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong communications skills.
The successful applicant will be a team player focused on providing outstanding service to the public and to other RDEK departments and employees.
The RDEK offers a great work environment and an attractive total compensation package, which includes a competitive salary, excellent benefits, a modified work week and learning opportunities. This is a permanent, full-time (35 hours per week) Union position with a starting hourly rate $28.41 and increase to $29.86/hour after successful completion of a 6 month probation period.
If you possess the necessary qualifications and experience, we invite you to submit a resume and cover letter with references, no later than 4:30 pm, Thursday, August 16, 2018 to:
Email: email@example.com (MS Word format or PDF)
Please quote: PLAN-10
Visit our website (www.rdek.bc.ca/careers) for the complete job description and information about the RDEK.
Thank you for your interest in this position; however only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.