Senior Legislative Analyst
BC Public Service
BC Ministry of Health
Senior Legislative AnalystSalary $67,418.93 - $77,019.79 annually plus 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment
A career building, senior level opportunity for a skilled analyst
The Legislation Team within the Legislation, Intergovernmental Relations and Knowledge Management Branch is responsible for the development and co-ordination of the Legislative Program for the Ministry of Health, the development and implementation of policy and regulatory initiatives, managing appointments of public representatives to various agencies, boards and commissions, and managing the ministry’s regulatory reform process.
As the Senior Legislative Analyst, you will support the development of Ministry legislation and a significant number of complex and detailed regulations, and the preparation of a large volume of Orders in Council and Ministerial Orders. You will provide advice and information regarding legislation, legislative initiatives and legislative and regulatory issues to Ministry Executive, senior level program staff, stakeholders and to the public, and you will work with Legal Services Branch lawyers and Legislative Counsel to prepare legislation and regulation according to Ministry policy direction and priorities. Results-oriented, you will manage projects related to legislative issues of strategic significance to the Ministry of Health, the healthcare system and the public, and provide senior level legislative advice on significant issues.
These functions require the incumbent to have a breadth of knowledge of the health care system and related government policies in BC and Canada, and detailed knowledge of, and experience in, development of legislation, regulation and policy. The incumbent will work on highly sensitive and confidential issues.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in Law, Public Administration, Health, Economics, Business, Political Science or other related field;
- Two years of experience in the development of legislation, regulation or related experience;
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Related experience should include the following:
- Instructing upon, drafting and finalizing legislative changes;
- Research and analysis relating to policy or legislation;
- Leading and/or participating in the effective operation of multi-disciplinary teams;
- Managing projects and/or components.
Preference may be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience in policy research, analysis or development.
- Experience providing advice and recommendations to senior officials.
- Experience briefing executive and Cabinet Committees.
For more information and to apply online by August 19, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/51545