Planning TechnicianAffiliation: External | CUPE Local 1050
Employment Type: Full-time
Posting Date: July 27, 2018
Application Deadline: August 15, 2018 at 4 pm
Competition #: 18-55
Salary: $33.55/hr + benefits
The City of Quesnel is a vibrant community where 10,000 people live within the city limits and another 13,000 live in the surrounding area and call Quesnel home. Quesnel is located in the central interior of British Columbia. If you're moving here from one of the larger centres in the province, you'll be amazed by the affordable housing costs, accessible amenities, and short commutes, we're able to get out and enjoy the nature that surrounds us. From hockey to soccer, downhill skiing to aquafit and trail running, yoga to zumba, or a more rural lifestyle with hunting, fishing to peaceful snowshoeing, there is plenty to keep you and your family as busy as you want to be in Quesnel. Here, we live a well-rounded lifestyle; we don't believe in working hard for a life you can't enjoy. We're friendly and approachable. It's in our nature to welcome you and your family, warmly.
NATURE OF POSITION
The City of Quesnel is seeking a full-time Planning Technician to join our Development Services team! Are you self-motivated and customer service oriented? Do you have a solid knowledge of planning principles, excellent research and analysis skills, proficiency with GIS and effective written and verbal communication skills? If so, we have a fantastic opportunity for you!
Reporting to the Director of Development Services, the Planning Technician is responsible for carrying out a wide variety of planning services for the department. See our website www.quesnel.ca for a full job description.
- Diploma in Urban or Regional Planning or equivalent from a recognized Institute of Technology or Community College or Post-secondary training in planning or related field (eg geography, GIS) with 1 to 2 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the City of Quesnel.
- Sound knowledge of Windows-based computer applications such as MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, database software programs and GIS.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills, and experience dealing tactfully, patiently and effectively with irate or stressed clients
- Good presentation skills
- Conveyancing training and/or experience an asset.
- Must possess and maintain a valid BC Class 5 driver’s licence
The City thanks all those who apply however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume with competition number, in confidence to the Human Resources Manager. In person/mail
City of Quesnel
410 Kinchant Street
Quesnel, BC V2J 7J5
Email Word or pdf firstname.lastname@example.org