The District of West Vancouver Human Resources Department has an immediate opening for a Casual, On-Call Clerical position. We are actively in search of enthusiastic professionals that are resourceful, tech savvy, and possess excellent communication skills to assist our staff teams and community members.
The preferred candidate will have a flexible attitude and be able to commit to variable work placements. On-Call Clerical staff are required on an on-call, temporary basis to cover for illness or vacation and to assist with special projects and assignments. This position provides you with opportunities to work in a variety of fantastic environments and to gain valuable experiences to build your resume.
Responsibilities vary significantly based on assignment, and may include:
- providing a broad range of administrative and clerical support including: drafting and processing correspondence, conducting basic research, and data entry;
- scheduling and maintaining calendars using Microsoft Outlook;
- providing a high level of customer service to internal and external contacts via email, over the phone, and in person;
- preparing and maintaining various manual and computer based records, reports, purchase orders, invoices, receipts, forms and files;
- creating, editing, and formatting documents;
- operating office equipment and computer hardware & software programs; and,
- other duties as required by the specific assignment.
The preferred candidate will possess; excellent MS Office skills, previous administrative experience, strong communication skills; written and verbal, keen attention to detail, quick learner abilities, exemplary time management and organizational skills, and comfort working independently or with a team.
The successful candidate has completed: a minimum of 2 years of administrative or clerical experience; proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and the ability to keyboard at a minimum of 50 wpm. Some experience with processing/filing payroll records, para legal, notary or conveyancing, and executive assistant experience would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will be required to supply an acceptable criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licenses and certificates required of candidates. For details please refer to the Class Specification which is available for inspection in the Human Resources Department or on Westnet.
Position Status: Union (WVMEA) - Casual
Hours of Work: Hours and days of work will vary
Rate of Pay: Varies depending upon assignment
Closing Date: 11:59 p.m. Friday, August 31, 2018
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.