Mapping Technician 2
The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
Mapping Technician 2
Job ID: 2018299
$32.97 - $38.79 per hour
The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire a Regular Full-Time Mapping Technician 2 to join our Engineering Planning department. This position is responsible for reviewing design drawings, issuing permits, preparing and maintaining the City’s digital base, legal and utility service maps.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Knowledge of City of Richmond utilities infrastructure.
- Knowledge of municipal bylaws and processes.
- Knowledge and experience applying engineering design principles, construction methods and techniques.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, reports, plans, specifications and related material
- Ability to provide direction, information and assistance to other City staff persons and/or consultants including surveying and inspection staff.
- Knowledge of Master Municipal Contract Documents/Specifications and City Standards related to preparation of plans and specifications, quotations and related matters.
- Knowledge of drafting techniques, mapping techniques and procedures.
- Ability to relay information of a technical nature to contacts following engineering standards and policies.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and liaise & work with internal and external customers.
- Knowledge and skill in the use of the City of Richmond’s computer applications such as ESRI suite of products including ArcMap, ArcCatologue, MS Access, Hansen Asset Management, AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite, REDMS.
- Grade 12 supplemented by graduation from a recognized institute of technology in Civil Engineering field, supplemented by two (2) years of experience in a related field, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in municipal or consulting civil engineering preferred.
- Advanced 1 year GIS diploma preferred.
- 1 year AutoCAD experience preferred.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today!
For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. The City of Richmond offers a competitive pay and benefits program, attractive incentives and a compressed work day schedule.