City of Surrey
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Do you love to skate and want an excuse to spend more time on the ice? The City of Surrey Community & Recreation Services Division is looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our skating instructor team to help make a difference in the lives of Surrey residents. We’re looking for people who have the skills and the enthusiasm to be a great instructor. Our ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who enjoys working with children and people of all ages. They are customer focused and a great communicator who can inspire confidence and enjoyment in skating. They’re also a true team player who will support the team’s goals in creating a safe and inclusive environment for all Surrey arena visitors.
As a HIGH FIVE® registered organization we are committed to ensuring that every person in our programs has a positive recreation experience. Excellent customer service, communication, and organizational skills are required.
- Interacting with children and adults to create an exceptional customer experience.
- Utilizing your strong organizational skills to plan and teach structured skating lessons, prepare evaluation sheets, write progress cards.
- Set up equipment needed for lessons.
- Demonstrate proficient skating abilities and a thorough knowledge of ice skating skills.
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills.
- Experience working with children.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with program participants, volunteers, staff, and the public.
- Have some experience in providing skate instruction.
- Have a current Emergency First Aid and CPR certificate with AED (or be willing to obtain prior to employment).
- NCCP Coaching Certificate is an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at Surrey.ca to Job ID 2333. Posting may be closed at the discretion of the Employment Specialist at any point after August 20, 2018.