Job Id: 18-091
Department: Police Services
Salary: $26.76 - $31.53 per hour
Closing: July 25, 2018
Come grow with us! Maple Ridge located in Metro Vancouver is a vibrant and rapidly growing City with outstanding recreation, arts and cultural amenities and some of the most affordable housing in the region. This combined with a dynamic community makes Maple Ridge a great place to work, play and live. Come join us and be part of the change.
Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication, interpersonal skills and exceptional customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you.
We have an exciting opportunity in our RCMP Detachment for a service oriented individual to join the team. This position is a regular part time position and will work 3 days a week (Mon/Wed/Fri) for 20 hours per week.
Your key responsibilities are:
The safekeeping and control of the movement of exhibit items. This position will liaise with RCMP Officers and other agencies on the identification, handling and transfer or disposition of exhibits and sized or found property items and as required will provide evidence in court to confirm continuity of exhibits.
A little bit about you:
- The ideal candidate is able to effectively handle multiple competing priorities; excellent communication and interpersonal skills and make a positive contribution to a team environment
- Completion of Grade 12 supplement by administrative courses
- Related experience in a Police Department of legal office and knowledge of PRIME (Police Records Information Management Environment) and CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre) software would be an asset
- Ability to manually lift, sort, arrange and store exhibit and property items of varying bulk and of considerable weight.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License valid in the Province of B.C.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Security Clearance
- Firearms Acquisitions Certification or other approved Firearms Safety Training would be an asset.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a Police Information Check as a condition of employment. (Note – not required a part of the application process; however, will be required upon consideration for employment)
All required licenses, certificates and registrations associated with this competition must also be valid and current at the time the postings close and must be attached with your application. Please have these documents ready to upload when you apply.
What we offer you:
The City offers a competitive compensation package that includes a strong wellness program and the opportunity for career and professional development.
If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.