Human Resource Specialist
STAFF DEVELOPMENT DIVISION
Human Resource Specialist
Regular Full Time Position (Exempt)
The Saanich Police Department is seeking a motivated, knowledgeable, committed, personable and experienced Human Resource (HR) Specialist to provide effective and efficient HR services to our valuable staff. Under the direction of the Officer in Charge of the Staff Development Division, the HR Specialist will provide a wide range of technical, administrative and consultative services. The successful applicant will have ongoing opportunities to support staff, advise management, and liaise with stakeholders while executing a variety of responsibilities that include interpreting collective agreements, assisting with labour relations matters, managing health and safety issues, assisting with personnel administration, conducting HR policy reviews, and delivering HR training.
The HR Specialist plays a critical role in supporting our staff so that we can provide the highest levels of police service delivery to our community. To that end, the successful applicant will need to leverage their strong interpersonal communication skills, analytical problem-solving abilities and sound base knowledge of experience to ensure the Department is providing HR services that meet legislative requirements, industry standards, and stakeholder expectations.
Qualifications for the HR Specialist position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR-related field (e.g. Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration) and five (5) years of progressive HR professional experience that includes service to a unionized work environment.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the substantive and procedural requirements of relevant legislation to include (but not limited to) the Human Rights Code, Labour Relations Code, Workers Compensation Act, and related Regulations.
- Strong knowledge of substantive and procedural best practices for managing duty to accommodate, labour relations, benefit administration, and employee wellness.
- Excellent business English communication skills (oral and written).
- Must possess/maintain a valid Class 5 British Columbia Driver’s Licence.
The successful candidate must pass/maintain the required police enhanced reliability security clearance check, including polygraph testing.
The successful candidate will be required to work Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The annual salary for this Exempt position is $84,180 - $95,203 with an excellent benefits package. Job description and competition information can be found at www.saanich.ca. Please apply by 11:45 p.m. on FRIDAY, JULY 27, 2018 quoting competition number 145.18 to: Human Resources, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8X 2W7 (Fax 250-475-5550) or Email email@example.com. As a component of the selection process, testing will be conducted. We thank all applicants for applying. Only those under consideration will be contacted