Regional District of Central Kootenay - Nelson, BC
This exciting opportunity is based in the beautiful city of Nelson BC, a world-class recreational playground with all the comforts of today's amenities and lots of exciting things to do and see year round. This community offers all the benefits of small town living, boasts a strong and diverse economy and thriving business sector, has convenient access to parks, great schools and heath care services, and is located just a few hours away from major city centers. Locals enjoy a wide range of recreational opportunities including cultural events and theatre, skiing, hiking, biking, much more!
The Research Analyst provides research and project management support for a broad range of activities within the Administration department including feasibility studies, policy development, electoral processes, legislative research and bylaw development. The Research Analyst supports contract and partnership development, governance initiatives, and corporate security initiatives. This position does research, performs analysis and creates tangible and relatable assessments that support decision making and Board operational objectives.
The Regional District of Central Kootenay is one of the largest Regional Districts in British Columbia and our busy Corporate Administration Department provides leadership and support to a diverse range of people and services across the Region. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity in a fast-paced and growing department. The successful applicant will be offered a generous vacation and benefits package.
The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and critical thinking skills and a proven ability to analyze & interpret data to support the achievement of organizational goals and objectives. For a complete list of the required knowledge, skills and abilities required to be successful in this position please see the full job description on our website.
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE include:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field such as business, political science, or an applicable social science OR an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 3 years of directly related work experience such as corporate governance and/or management, project management, or business planning, preferably in a local government setting
- Demonstrated experience in research and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal contacts and consultants.
- Logical, methodical and detail-oriented, with excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- A strong working knowledge and ability to interpret legislation and guidelines
- Ability to prepare a variety of materials such as presentations, reports and correspondence and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
This posting, along with a detailed job description, can be found on our website at www.rdck.ca under Administration, Jobs & Employment Opportunities. Applications in the form of a resume and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience relative to the position will be accepted by Human Resources until noon on Wednesday July 25, 2018.
Human Resources, Regional District of Central Kootenay
Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson, BC V1L 5R4
Phone: (250) 352-1515
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay.
All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted again.
This posting may be used to fill other similar positions with the RDCK Corporate Administration Department over the next six months.