Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant
Vocational Rehabilitation Consultant
Are you interested in being part of a team that helps people injured at work return to work safely? We’re looking for knowledgeable, compassionate, and dedicated vocational rehabilitation professionals to work as key members of our case management team.
We have opportunities in Kelowna, Nanaimo, Nelson, Prince George, Richmond, and Victoria. Please specify in your cover letter which location(s) you prefer. Apply now for positions scheduled to start in September.
What you’ll do
You’ll assess the impact of workers’ injuries on their employment potential and quality of life, and determine what vocational rehabilitation benefits they’re entitled to. You’ll also provide vocational counseling and create vocational rehabilitation and return-to-work plans.
Is this a good fit for you?
We’re looking for a people who can:
- Assess employment barriers and provide vocational counseling to develop suitable return-to-work and vocational rehabilitation plans that may include work assessments, formal on-the-job training, job search and self-employment support, and job development activities
- Use sound judgment to weigh evidence, interpret policy, and apply discretion to determine eligibility and entitlement to vocational rehabilitation programs and services
- Apply organizational and decision-making skills to manage a complex, high-volume caseload
- Establish and maintain collaborative, professional relationships with various stakeholders, including injured workers, employers, and community health care providers
- Accurately manage rehabilitation expenditures
- Mediate and negotiate effectively to help achieve positive outcomes
Your educational background and experience
- A bachelor’s degree in a related discipline such as disability studies, vocational counseling, rehabilitation counseling, social work, physiotherapy, psychology, occupational therapy, or kinesiolog
- Four years of directly related experience in vocational rehabilitation counseling, career or employme counseling, vocational evaluation, vocational rehabilitation planning, employability assessment, or rehabilitation management
- A relevant professional designation is preferred. This includes Certified Vocational Rehabilitation Professional (CVRP), Registered Rehabilitation Professional (RRP), Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor/Canadian Certified Rehabilitation Counsellor (CRC/CCRC), and Canadian Certified Vocational Evaluator (CCVE)
- An understanding of disability management and return-to-work principles and practices and vocation or psycho-vocational tests in the context of vocational rehabilitation
- Experience working in a computerized work environment with common computer applications, such Microsoft Word
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to travel throughout the province and stay overnight is require
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
The starting salary for this position is $74,104. We also offer comprehensive benefits.
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we’re dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across British Columbia. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We’re honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What’s it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It’s challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
If you are a successful applicant, we will be making a conditional offer contingent upon a cleared criminal record check result under the Criminal Records Review Act. At the time of offer, you will need to provide consent for a criminal record check. Once a clearance is received, your offer of employment will be confirmed.
Visit our career page at www.worksafebc.com and select Current Opportunities to submit a resume and cover letter that details your characteristics, accomplishments, and prior work experience related to the requirements for the position. We can only accept applications submitted through our website.
Application deadline: August 9, 2018
Thank you, in advance, for applying. Unfortunately, we’re only able to contact those whose applications we will be pursuing further.