Regional Manager, Indigenous Relations
BC Public Service
BC Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Coquitlam or Nanaimo
Regional Manager, Indigenous RelationsSalary $87,600.00 – $114,100.00 annually
The preferred location for this position is Coquitlam; Nanaimo may be considered.
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure’s Highway Department consists of approximately 1,050 staff in 30 communities throughout BC, working every day to ensure the safe, efficient and reliable operations of the highway network. The Highways Department is responsible for all aspects of the provincial highway system, including: Maintaining and Operating Highways, Highway Rehabilitation and Preservation, Highway Expansion and Upgrading, Emergency Response, Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement and Development Approvals and Permits.
The Indigenous Relations Team guides the Ministry in its commitment to work collaboratively and respectfully with Indigenous people. The Regional Manager, Indigenous Relations works in consultation with their regional counterparts to lead the creation, implementation and communication of Indigenous Relations policy and guidelines to support the delivery of the Ministry’s mandate.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and a minimum 7 years of related experience in First Nations consultation or negotiating settlements; OR, equivalent combination of education and experience; AND demonstrated experience:
- participating in consultation and/or negotiations with First Nations, planning and conducting complex research and analysis related to tenure; or,
- working effectively with multiple projects and assignments; or,
- leading and participating on project teams; or,
- developing and fostering respectful and long-term relationships with First Nations; or,
- planning, coordinating and managing projects and contracted services.
- Experience dealing with politically sensitive and provincially significant issues and with developing policy, procedures and corporate practices.
- Experience leading and coaching diverse teams.
- Experience in a senior management capacity including strategic and operational business and organizational planning and financial management.
For more information and to apply online by August 1, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/52324