Operations Manager/ Town Foreman
Operations Manager/ Town Foreman
Management / Administration
Town of Westlock
The Town of Westlock is seeking an experienced, dynamic and collaborative individual to serve as its’ next Operations Manager/Town Foreman.
We are searching for a seasoned mentor and coach in our next Operations leader, one who instills pride, quality, safety and productivity in your entire team. You are innovative in your approaches while drawing on your past experience in engaging the broader team in maintaining the public and professional relationships required in the successful delivery of your responsibilities.
You will be working in a vibrant community of 5100, just 85 kilometres north of Edmonton. Westlock has homegrown and nearby activities for all interests, including the arts, sports, concerts and a diversity of committed community organizations. We are extremely proud of our Town amenities including the Rotary Spirit Centre multi-plex, the indoor Aquatic Centre, ball diamonds, skateboard park, playgrounds, walking trails and green spaces. A strong and growing business center provides all the services and shopping you need locally as you join a municipal team that is committed to great public service while having fun doing so.
As a key member of the Town’s Administrative Leadership Team, your responsibilities include:
- Undertaking and completing public works/water treatment plant infrastructure maintenance, repair and replacement functions and projects;
- Supervision, hiring and training of Department Staff;
- Preparation of annual budgets and workplans, along with in-year expenditure management and controls, as established by Town Council and the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO);
- Identification and accessing external funding sources and grants in support of needed and desired capital and maintenance activities;
- Establishing and modelling a true collaborative team environment within the Department and with outside staff, stakeholders and the general public;
- Capital Project planning responsibilities as may be required.
As a proven professional, you will bring a track record of success with at least 5 to 8 years of progressive operations management and supervisory experience, ideally within an unionized environment. While professional designations and certifications are preferred, the Town or Westlock recognizes that practical municipal experience is critical to success in this position and past work history and experience will be considered accordingly in filling this key position.
A complete job description outlining position duties and requirements as well as the competencies and qualifications desired can be found at www.westlock.ca/Government/Employment.
The Town of Westlock offers a competitive salary and excellent employee benefit program, including LAPP pension.
Closing Date: July 27, 2018
Applications will be accepted until Friday, July 27, 2018. We thank all applicants for your interest and will advise shortlisted candidates of their advancement to the interview stage.
Please contact us to express your interest in joining our dynamic team and community by sending your resume, in confidence, to the attention of Dwight Dibben, CAO at:
The Town of Westlock
10003 – 106 Street
Westlock, Alberta T7P 2K3