Communications and Executive Assistant
Post-Secondary Employers' Association
Communications and Executive Assistant(Full-Time)
The Post‐Secondary Employers Association (PSEA) provides labour relations and human resource services, including collective bargaining services to the province's public colleges, special purpose teaching universities, and institutes. As a multi‐employer association serving a diverse membership of 19 institutions throughout the province, PSEA supports the public post‐secondary sector through a broad range of progressive programs and services. Further information on our association can be found on our website at www.psea.bc.ca
The PSEA has an exciting opportunity for a professional, organized self‐starter to work with us for executive assistance and corporate communications through traditional and social media forums. You will be involved in a wide variety of activities ranging from event planning, to managing the organization's website and social media, to editing formal correspondence for quality and consistency. You are a confident, positive individual with a strong client focus and commitment to deliver a consistently high calibre of service. This position is located at PSEAs office in East Vancouver located directly across from Renfrew SkyTrain Station. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review a variety of communications to members, the Board of Directors, and stakeholders to ensure consistency of quality and voice is maintained; li>
- Create, edit, and update departmental publications, information, forms, and convert documents to web format as required; li>
Social Media and Corporate Website:
- Responsible for postings and maintaining the company's website and LinkedIn accounts; li>
- Continually update material using the appropriate software tools and assisting in content generation; li>
Travel, Meeting Event Planning:
- Coordinate and make arrangements for meetings and events including logistics e.g., communication, attendance, location, meals, equipment, and materials);
- Coordinate cost‐effective and sometimes complex domestic travel arrangements and itineraries for individuals and groups;
- Schedule appointments for management including anticipating needs, changes and rearranging meetings as appropriate;
- Manage the resources of the office under the guidance of the Manager Finance and Administration;
- Respond to in‐person, telephone and e‐mail inquiries in a professional and courteous manner;
- Take minutes in meetings;
- Act as the organization’s liaison with its information technology service provider. Other related duties as required.
The successful candidate will possess a minimum of five years of experience in a related role, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The individual must be highly organized, work well under pressure and take initiative to ensure the efficient operation of the office. In addition, he/she must have demonstrated attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills and be a team player who is able to work in a complex organizational structure. Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite, ability to work with website maintenance software and publishing tools, and familiarity with modern office technology is also required.
This appointment offers a competitive compensation plan. Qualified individuals are invited to apply by Tuesday, July 31, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted.