Senior Maintenance Worker
City of Port Alberni
Senior Maintenance Worker
(Aquatic and Recreation Centre)
The City of Port Alberni is a community of 17,500 people. Located centrally on Vancouver Island, Port Alberni is a well-serviced municipality that offers residents affordable west coast living, as well as proximity to oceanfront, lakes, rivers and mountains.
The City is currently looking for a Senior Maintenance Worker (Aquatic & Recreation Centre) to join a progressive and dynamic organization as part of the Parks, Recreation and Heritage team. Reporting to the Facility Operations Supervisor, this technical position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the indoor Aquatic Centre and dryland recreation facility complex, as well as several other municipal facilities. Specific duties include:
- Directing and supervising the facility maintenance operations of the Aquatic Centre and recreation complex, as well as several other facilities. This includes the chlorination, filtration, heating, ventilating and janitorial equipment.
- Training and supervising staff members, including the planning, scheduling and coordination of their work.
- Developing and implementing standards of building maintenance for janitorial work and preventative maintenance.
- Ensuring that building and equipment repairs and maintenance duties are completed.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of an asset and inventory management program.
- Assisting in preparing specifications for the purchase of capital items and contract work; oversees contract work as required.
- Assisting in the planning of and providing direct oversight of the annual Aquatic Centre shutdown.
- Ensuring that the required health and safety procedures and policies are implemented and adhered to as required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Completion of Grade 12 and technical training courses in a related field, as well as a minimum of 2 years’ experience in aquatic operations. An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
- Experience in janitorial and building maintenance work
- Previous supervisory experience
- BCWWA Chlorine Handling certification
- Completion of Pool Operators I and II Courses (BCRPA or RFABC)
- Completion of Transportation of Dangerous Goods training
- Valid Class 5 BC driver’s license
- urrent WCB OFA Level I and CPR-C first aid certifications
This position is part of the CUPE Local 118 bargaining unit. The successful candidate will be required to complete a pre-employment fitness test, skills assessment and a police information check. For additional information, including a full job description, please go to http://www.portalberni.ca/employment-opportunities.
Qualified individuals may apply by forwarding a resume and cover letter by 4:30 pm on July 23, 2018:
|Attention:||Krista Tremblay, Manager of Human Resources|
|By mail:||City of Port Alberni, 4850 Argyle Street, Port Alberni, BC V9Y 1V8|