Chief Administrative Officer
Chief Administrative OfficerApplication deadline: Monday July 23
Eston Town Council is seeking an experienced leader to manage the Town of Eston’s operations as the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) for the municipality. Council seeks a candidate keen to lead positive, responsible change within the organization, to the benefit of the community. Reporting to Eston Town Council, the CAO is responsible for implementing the strategic direction and priorities as set by Council. A progressive, growing community, the Town of Eston has many planning, capital and development initiatives that the CAO will lead the implementation of in the coming years.
- Responsible for the overall operation of the municipality including the following departments: general government, planning and development, transportation/public works, water & sewer, landfill, waste and recycling, recreation, parks and campground, economic development, library, emergency measures and the fire department.
- Provide professional leadership and direction to the Town of Eston team.
- Implement an annual planning and budgeting cycle and conduct ongoing monitoring of budgets and spending.
- Manage the hiring, training, performance management and other human resource related activities of the organization.
- Lead the implementation of policies, objectives and initiatives as set by Council.
- Conduct long term financial and capital planning, implement asset management practices, and make financial management recommendations to Council.
- Oversee directly and indirectly approximately 15 permanent staff and 15 seasonal staff members.
- Work with staff to ensure a positive, productive and safe work environment is maintained.
- Work closely with partners including the RM of Snipe Lake no. 259.
- Prepare all Council meeting packages, documents, correspondence, and recommendations, and conduct scheduling and follow-ups as required.
- Research, revise, and develop policies and bylaws for recommendation to council.
- Ensure all legislative requirements for operating and reporting are met.
- Develop in depth knowledge of and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Respond to public inquiries and ensure effective communications with the community through use of traditional and new communication mediums.
- Attend evening and weekend meetings and position related activities as required.
- The ideal candidate has extensive experience, ideally in the municipal government sector, with leading teams, financial management, strategic planning, human resources, change management, and working in a board or council setting.
- A certificate in Local Government Authority Administration, equivalent education, or a willingness to obtain.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, customer service experience, ability to learn and implement new technologies and knowledge of accounting practices and procedures.
- Ability to manage competing demands and regular interruptions, complete tasks independently while working in a dynamic team environment, communicate effectively, manage a high-volume work load, and be customer-service focused.
- Complete a criminal record check
Salary and Benefits
A competitive salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. The Town offers a comprehensive health benefits package and a pension through the Municipal Employees Pension Plan.
Located in West Central Saskatchewan, the Town of Eston is home to just over 1,000 people. Working closely with the RM of Snipe Lake No. 259, the Town offers a full array of services to the region’s population. More information on the community can be found at eston.ca.
As soon as possible with exact date to be negotiated.
For position information contact Michelle MacDonald at 306-962-4457 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com, 217 Main St Eston, or Box 757 Eston SK S0L 1A0