Utilities SupervisorPermanent, Full-Time
REGIONAL DISTRICT OF CENTRAL KOOTENAY - CRESTON, BC
The RDCK is now accepting applications for the benefitted, full-time Utilities Supervisor position located in Creston, BC. Working from the Erickson Water Office in the beautiful Creston Valley, this is an exciting job opportunity to take the lead on utility operations and maintenance in our Eastern region. Reporting to the Manager of Utilities Services in Nelson, BC, the Utilities Supervisor manages the operations, maintenance and budgeting of 4 RDCK water systems servicing both residential and agricultural customers. The Supervisor ensures their team has the resources, training and scheduling to meet operational, maintenance and emergency response demands. As a supervisor, this position takes the lead for safety in their team and workplaces and is responsible for further developing in-house systems and guidelines to better meet demands in line with RDCK standards and relevant codes and legislation.
The Supervisor will demonstrate skill working with community members to ensure water quality and supply is consistently and safely delivered. The successful applicant will work both in office and in the field with their team and will participate in the Erickson on-call program. Previous supervisory experience, including experience developing and monitoring budgets and administering workplace programs, as well as skills in time management and communication skills, will be key to success in this role. The successful candidate will be available to commence by October 2018 to ensure adequate handover and cross-training can be completed with our long-term, outgoing Supervisor.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- 5 years experience working with water systems including +2 years in Lead Hand or Supervisor position
- Diploma in relevant field such as Environmental Technology, Water and Wastewater Technology or similar
- An equivalent combination of work experience and education will be considered for this position
- Level 2 Water Treatment and Water Distribution certification with BCWWA (or willingness and ability to attain)
- Confined Space Entry, Trenching Safety, WHMIS training
- Ability to manage staff including scheduling, direction and development
- Comfort and ability using SCADA, work order programs and Microsoft Office suite of products
- Current BC Drivers License, satisfactory drivers abstract and satisfactory criminal record check
Please also review the detailed job description available on the RDCK website at www.rdck.ca under Administration, Jobs & Employment Opportunities. Applications in the form of a resume and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience relative to the position will be accepted by email or post until 10pm Sunday July 22, 2018.
Human Resources, Regional District of Central Kootenay Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson, BC V1L 5R4
Phone: (250) 352-8150
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay. Only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted. This posting may be used to fill other similar positions with the RDCK Environmental Services Department over the next six months.