Change Management Specialist
Change Management Specialist - REPOST
Requisition ID: 8421
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world by 2020 and we are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
The Change Management Specialist is responsible for all change management activities, from planning through to implementation, in support of major business and technology projects, where change management is defined as the process, tools and techniques used to manage the people side of change to achieve the desired outcome and includes both communications and training. The incumbent will follow change management standards and provide strategic and tactical change management advice and execution for projects impacting stakeholders both internal and external to the organization.
- Applying a structured change management approach and methodology to changes arising from projects.
- Developing a change management strategy and plan based on an understanding of the project and groups being impacted by the project.
- Identifying and developing specific plans to mitigate or address risks.
- Conducting readiness assessments, evaluating results and presenting findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
- Developing a set of actionable and targeted change management plans - including communication and training plans.
- Leading the execution of those plans.
- Creating and managing measurement systems to track adoption, utilization and proficiency of individual changes.
- Identifying resistance and performance gaps, and working to develop and implement corrective actions.
- Creating and enabling reinforcement mechanisms and celebrations of success.
- Working with project teams to integrate change management activities into the overall project plan.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Psychology or related discipline; or equivalent combination of training and work experience in the field of change management
- Formal training in Change Management methodologies preferably consistent with those provided by Prosci is highly desirable. ACMP's, Certified Change Management Professional designation is preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working as a change management practitioner
- Minimum of 1 year experience leading training design and delivery effort for a variety of user groups
- Experience working at an intermediate level within the public sector or large complex organization is preferred
- Project Management qualification and/or training is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Change management and organizational design concepts and principles
- Project management methodologies
- Communication tools, techniques and standards
- Process re-engineering principles
- Training design and adult education concepts and principles
- Facilitation techniques, including large group/meeting design and intervention
- City operations & organizational culture
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and presentation skills
- Ability to manage change and assist people with adapting to change
- Ability to analyze and anticipate implications of system changes on work processes and procedures
- Ability to solve complex problems and build relationships
- Ability to work with senior levels of management, vendors, consultants and unions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, large workloads and multi-task effectively
- Ability to supervise a team of specialists, coordinate with subject matter experts and network effectively
Business Unit/Department: Finance, Risk & Supply Chain Mgmt
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: June 2018
Position End Date: June 2019
Application Close: Open Until Filled
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.