The City of Richmond is a diverse and dynamic community in pursuit of our vision
to be the most appealing, livable and well-managed community in Canada.
People l Excellence l Leadership l Team l Innovation
Imagine a career with the City of Richmond, a dynamic environment for growth and continuous improvement, fostered by our collective strengths and creativity. We are a vibrant, diverse cosmopolitan city, supported by a strong economy and recognized as leaders in innovation and service delivery excellence. The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community.
Job ID: 2018280
$128,439 – $160,549 annually
The City of Richmond is currently looking to hire a Regular Full-Time Director of Transportation to join our Planning & Development Division’s senior leadership team. This position is responsible for the oversight of transportation initiatives and issues comprised of policy and strategy development, planning, prioritization, and functional design of all municipal transportation related infrastructure and traffic operations including the maintenance of traffic control devices and collaboration with external agencies on major initiatives to achieve the departmental mandate of providing the efficient and safe movement of goods and people within, to, and from the City.
We are looking for someone that has:
- Ability to provide timely expertise advise on politically sensitive, complex, public safety, and major transportation issues including regional and provincial initiatives to Mayor, Council, senior management, departmental staff and external stakeholders;
- Ability to take on a leading role in liaising with cross-functional team with other City departments including, Finance, Parks, Policy Planning, Development Applications, Corporate Programs, Engineering, Public Works Operations, Community Bylaws, RCMP, Emergency Planning, and Law;
- Ability to prepare and present effective reports to Council and respond directly to issues and Council referrals/requests;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships, and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, with demonstrated interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy, with diverse stakeholders;
- Ability to address and resolve jurisdictional and politically-sensitive issues;
- Ability to provide objective assessment within the context of City planning policies and the overall benefits to the community as a whole;
- Ability to provide inspirational leadership to department and other cross-functional staff;
Position Requirements: Completion of a Bachelor’s Degree of Science in Engineering; supplemented by a minimum of ten (10) years of practical experience in transportation planning and engineering and a minimum of five (5) years of recent practical experience within the municipal environment as well as corporate/municipal leadership experience.
If you think this is a good fit for you, we invite you to apply today! For further information regarding position details and to apply, please visit our website at www.richmond.ca/employment. The City of Richmond offers a competitive pay and benefits program, attractive incentives and a compressed work day schedule.
The City of Richmond is an inclusive employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. If you are unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest. No telephone inquiries please.