Ontario Public Service
Are you looking for an opportunity to showcase your strong leadership and relationship management skills? Do you have a background in procurement management? If so, consider this opportunity with the Procurement & Business Improvement Branch, Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services, to lead a dynamic procurement team.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- Provide expert advice, direction and services to a broad range of clients within the Ministry in the areas of goods and services procurements, corporate procurement policy and processes, procurement training, and procurement controllership
- Lead, develop, and implement innovative procurement strategies and initiatives, including goods, services Vendor of Record (VOR) arrangements, and complex client led procurements
- Minimize Ministry exposure to risk from potential procurement related conflicts of interest
- Lead and foster disciplined and innovative practices by procurement specialists across the Ministry in order to improve service, product delivery, and reduce costs
- Leverage the purchasing power of the Ministry to achieve greater efficiencies through volume/strategic purchasing, and by promoting as much standardization as possible
How do I qualify?
Procurement Knowledge and Experience
- You have thorough knowledge of procurement trends and developments in both the private and public sectors as well as relevant policies, standards, processes, and alternative service delivery concepts
- You know Ontario Public Service (OPS) procurement policies and directives as well as relevant legislation and practices
- You are able to develop an in-depth understanding of clients' and vendors' issues, goals, constraints, and environments
- You have knowledge of management and Human Resources (HR) practices in order to carry out managerial responsibilities related to staffing, performance management, merits, grievance management, coaching, and mentoring
- You understand employment legislation, collective agreements, and government HR policies and practices
- You can lead and manage a high profile and heavy workload effectively
- You have strong quantitative and qualitative research, analysis, and evaluation skills combined with conceptual business skills
- You have demonstrated good judgement in order to balance objectives, avoid conflict of interest, and make influential decisions and recommendations with autonomy from past precedents/experiences in policies and projects
- You can meet deadlines while providing and ensuring accurate analysis, practical solutions, and influential recommendations
- You can assess and undertake risks, develop practical business solutions, and articulate persuasively
- You have excellent relationship management, written and oral communications, and high-level negotiating skills in order to provide guidance, advice, and recommendations to clients, senior management, staff, and stakeholders
- You are able to present complex information in user-friendly terms
- You are proficient with common office software (e.g. MS Office, MS Project, databases, internet, intranet) to present and brief senior management
Salary: $90,348 - $127,343 per year
- 1 Permanent, 25 Grosvenor St, Toronto, Toronto Region, General Screening Requirement
In accordance with the Ontario Public Service Employment Screening Checks Policy, the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Please refer to the Additional Information / Address section above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
You will be responsible for obtaining the criminal record check at your own expense and provide it, along with your written consent, to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), HR Service Delivery Division to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional screening checks as indicated in the Additional Information / Address section above that were not obtained directly by you. (Note: If a Vulnerable Sector Screening/Check is required, it must also be obtained in person at your local police service.)
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
Please apply online, only, by Tuesday, June 26, 2018, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 123937 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.