Office Support Clerk III
Office Support Clerk III
Requisition ID: 11407
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world by 2020 and we are proud to be one of Canada's Top 100 Employers, BC's Top Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
Working within the Administrative Services division of the Parks and Recreation Department, the Office Support Clerk III is responsible for providing a wide variety of administrative and clerical support functions including; time entry and relief backup for absent clerical staff as required. This position reports directly to the Manager of Administrative Services and provides support to various parks department management teams including senior managers and superintendents while also dealing with the public and other staff by providing information and assistance.
Education and Experience:
- Completion of grade 12 including or supplemented by courses in commercial administration plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and math.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of departmental and other policies, regulations, rules, procedures and practices that relate to the position occupied or which govern worksite activities and employee behavior.
- Sound knowledge of departmental functions, responsibilities and activities.
- Working knowledge of supervisory practices and techniques.
- Ability to independently perform office support functions of moderate complexity according to established practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing and to prepare non-routine reports, correspondence and memoranda related to the work.
- Ability to deal effectively with the public and other staff by providing information and assistance which may involve making decisions requiring explanation of applicable rules and regulations.
- Ability to assign and review the work of a small group of subordinates engaged in office support functions and to assist in the evaluation and selection of same.
- Ability to evaluate work methods and procedures and make recommendations for appropriate changes.
- Skill in typing (keyboarding) rapidly and accurately where applicable to the position.
- Proficiency using business software such as; SAP, CACS, VanDocs, VanTree, MS Office Suite.
Business Unit/Department: Vancouver Board of Parks and Recreation (1400)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Parks
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time
Position Start Date: July 2018
Position End Date: November 23, 2018
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-015: $24.81 to $29.16
Application Close: June 17, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.