The District of West Vancouver Cultural Services Department has an immediate opening for a Permanent Full-Time, Assistant Curator position.
Reporting to the Museum Administrator/Curator, and supporting the mission and mandate of the West Vancouver Museum this position is responsible for public programming, marketing/communications, the daily operation of the exhibit gallery, volunteer management and assisting with the planning and implementation of exhibits and publications.
This position will be responsible for:
- developing, planning, promoting, implementing and evaluating programs that support the curatorial direction of the Museum;
- actively participating and providing program leadership and instruction with assigned special interest groups;
- evaluating and interpreting statistics on attendance and participation regularly;
- taking an active part in stimulating community interest in, arts and culture activities for all ages;
- assisting in handling correspondence, preparing reports and writing newsletters and press releases;
- providing leadership and training role for instructors and volunteers; monitoring special areas as required to ensure that safe practices and rules are followed;
- providing information on programs and department policies to group members and the general public in accordance with established practices and procedures;
- liaising with community groups and service providers; and,
- performing other related duties as required.
The preferred candidate will possess: a minimum of either University degree or College Diploma in related discipline with courses in arts, art history, museum, exhibit practice, or related subjects supplemented by a minimum of two years’ experience in arts field. Knowledge of MS Office products, exhibit development and installation, and experience with volunteers would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will process a valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License, while a Class 4 BC Driver’s License would be preferred.
The successful candidate will be required to supply an acceptable criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
WVMEA (Union) – Permanent Full-Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary, may include weekends and evenings)
Rate of Pay:
$29.15-$34.32 per hour
11:59 p.m. Friday, June 22, 2018
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.