Analyst, Financial Systems
Analyst, Financial Systems - 390
Status of Position
Permanent Full Time
Job posting closes: June 28, 2018 at 9:00 pm Pacific Time
Note: This is a Permanent Full-Time position
An Eligibility List will be established from this job posting – The duration of the eligibility list will be 12 months. Future vacancies will be filled by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Analyst, Financial Systems
Job Code: 256
Department: Financial Services
The incumbent is responsible for providing administration, planning, analysis, business and system process improvements, implementation and support of the ERP systems and other corporate technology systems to meet the City’s financial business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support for the City’s ERP system, including assisting with month end and year-end procedures, creating, modifying and testing reports, user support, and creation of ERP system documentation.
- Establish standards, procedures, and policies for ERP technology systems, their implementation, maintenance, monitoring, technology best practices and use.
- Perform assessments of financial systems and processes and develop improvement strategies for reporting, analysis and internal controls.
- Oversee the development, testing and maintenance of solutions to satisfy business, functional and reporting requirements and specifications of the City’s Management and users across various departments.
- Document processes, train and provide ongoing support to ERP systems users to ensure processes align to system use.
- Work closely with the IT department on performing system maintenance, installing upgrades and implementing system enhancements.
- Act as Supervisor, Financial Reporting as assigned.
- Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
- Other related duties.
This description contains the elements necessary for the identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Business, Finance & Admin
- Majority of the work is performed under normal office conditions.
- Degree in Management Information Systems, Accounting, Finance, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Four years’ experience as a financial systems analyst complimented by extensive knowledge of enterprise technologies and systems (ie. Microsoft Dynamics GP, SQL and relational database management systems).
- Proven project management skills including planning, developing, testing and implementing improved business processes.
- Excellent organizational skills, prioritizing and ability to multitask with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure and to meet critical deadlines.
- Strong research, client service orientation and good interpersonal skills.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships among peers and/or stakeholders.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
Complex technology equipment and software including servers, networking equipment, desktop and other operating systems and productivity suites, databases and enterprise software applications.
Hours Per Week
5 X 7 Hours
Guaranteed Minimum Hours
Start Date of Position
End Date (Temporary and Term)
Number of Hires Needed