Chief Executive Officer
Leq'a: mel First Nation
Leq'a:mel First Nation43101 Lougheed Hwy, Deroche BC V0M 1G0
Chief Executive OfficerLeq’a’:mel Development Limited Partnership (LDLP)
Deroche, British Columbia
Leq’a’:mel Development Limited Partnership (LDLP) is seeking a Chief Executive Officer to manage current and future business operations of the Partnership. The successful candidate will work towards increased revenue, and enhance employment opportunities while ensuring environmental, economic and social sustainability. Reporting to a Board of Directors, the CEO will be the first in command in the company and responsible for giving the proper strategic direction as well as creating a vision for success.
The goal of the CEO position is to drive viable financially growth in the company while overseeing current business operations.
The Leq’a’:mel First Nation is the sole shareholder of the LDLP. The LDLP has the following business currently in operation or slated to open soon: Leq’a’:mel Forestry Inc, Leq’a’:mel Trailer Court, Leq’a’:mel Leased Lands and a new Tim Hortons /Gas Bar & Convenience Store (opening date September 2018). .All operations are located in Deroche British Columbia.
To thrive in this position, you must be a prudent manager and an inspiring leader. The ideal candidate will have a proven business background and will be able to see the “big picture” in a variety of settings. He/She will take actions to enhance the company’s cash flow while exploring future opportunities for growth and economic success.
- Lead the Corporation in new business ventures
- Ensure proper management is in place to oversee current and upcoming operations
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term objectives
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement develop a high performing managerial team
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- Make high-quality investing decisions to advance the business and increase profits
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- MBA or 10 years of relevant proven experience
- Knowledge of joint ventures partnerships
- Proven experience as CEO in areas of business development, implementation and management
- Experience in developing profitable strategies and implementing vision
- Proven track record of successfully building a business that achieved strong growth in revenue and profit.
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and performance management principles
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as Marketing, PR, finance etc.
- In-depth knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills
- Analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Preferred experience or background in business development planning and start up.
Compensation will be based on experience and history of success. Candidates are requested to provide salary expectations in the cover letter when responding to this position.
The closing date for this position is Friday, June 22nd, 2018.
Interested candidates are to submit a cover letter indicating salary expectation; three letters of reference and copy of academic certificates.
Resume, cover letter and supporting documents may be submitted via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by regular post:
The President Leq’q’:mel Development Corporation 43101 Leq’á:mel Way Deroche, BC V0M 1G0