Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
Permanent Full TimeOrganization: City of St. Albert
Department: Human Resources
Location: 7 St. Anne Street, St. Albert
Salary: $84,917 - $103,316 per annum
Closing Date: June 18, 2018
Competition #: 18/122
The City of St. Albert, home to more than 64,000 residents, is a beautiful growing community adjacent to northwest Edmonton. Known as the Botanical Arts City, St. Albert offers more than 80 kilometers of trails, 400 hectares of green space, state of the art recreation facilities, the renowned Arden Theatre, and hosts numerous special events and festivals. In recent years, St. Albert has ranked at the top of a number of national surveys recognizing us as a great place to raise a family, with an excellent quality of life and a strong sense of community. Our employees are passionate about delivering high-quality programs and services to our residents and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
We are seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as the Manager of Compensation & Employee Services. Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Manager will oversee a compensation team of 5 staff members in the implementation of payroll and benefits to approximately 1000 employees (permanent, non-permanent, unionized and non-unionized). In addition, the Manager will oversee a project lead employee in the selection and implementation of a Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
As the HR Business Partner, you will provide guidance and coaching regarding organizational design, recruitment and retention, labour and employee relations, workforce and capacity planning, compensation strategy, and talent and performance management. You will form partnerships across the HR function, with the leaders and employees in client departments and with union representatives to deliver value added services that engage and develop the organization.
The individual we seek partners with and engages their clients (which change from time to time) to identify and anticipate their needs and works together with clients and union partners to find solutions that align with the business goals of the organization. They are able to operate independently and also enjoy collaborating within a team environment. The role requires a high level of interpersonal skill, strong problem solving ability, sound judgment and discretion. A person who thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment will be a good fit for this opportunity.
- An undergraduate degree (preferred) or diploma in Commerce, Business, Human Resources or a related field.
- A Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience providing a range of human resource consultative services.
- Experience in the municipal government sector would be considered an asset.
- Broad knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including compensation practices, organizational design, employee and labour relations, recruitment and selection, and performance management. Preference will be given to applicants with a background in recruitment and labour relations.
- Ability to support client goals while adhering with HR policies and corporate consistency. Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively manage situations with potential legal implications.
- Proficiency using programs of the MS Office Suite, HRIS systems, and applicant tracking systems.
HOURS OF WORK
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly (Monday - Friday, 8:00 – 5:00 with a regular day off every two weeks). Please note that this position is required to work extended hours from time to time and to attend outside business hour meetings, and/or address urgent requirements.
$84,917 – 103,316 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a generous and comprehensive flexible benefit package including a defined benefit pension plan.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory police information check.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert employment website www.stalbert.ca/employment
CLOSING DATE June 18, 2018
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.