Victim Services Coordinator
Victim Services Coordinator
The City of White Rock is a unique, ocean-side community of 20,000 citizens known for its sunny weather, expansive beach, historic pier, delightful restaurants, and sense of community. The City is located half an hour south of Vancouver on the shore of Semiahmoo Bay.
The City of White Rock’s R.C.M.P. Detachment seeks an experienced individual to work on an on call basis providing crisis intervention, emotional and practical support as well as community referrals to persons who have been impacted by crime or trauma.
Responsibilities also include establishing and maintaining client files, researching available community resources, preparing handouts for the use of clients and staff, and representing the program at community events when required.
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by related coursework in social services, victim services, trauma intervention, criminology and conflict management or a related field, plus considerable related experience;
- ·Considerable knowledge of polices and guidelines impacting RCMP Victim Services;
- Sound knowledge of community support services offered within White Rock and neighboring communities;
- Sound knowledge of computer software programs, including Microsoft Office applications along with working knowledge of R.C.M.P. computer applications, including GroupWise, PRIME and VSIS;
- Working knowledge of court and police procedures as related to the work performed;
- Working knowledge and awareness of self-care practices and ability to demonstrate the same;
- Working knowledge of the record keeping practices required when documenting client support files;
- Ability to provide emotional and practical support to victims of crime and trauma within an office environment, crisis intervention or during court accompaniment;
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated knowledge of confidentiality guidelines;
- Ability to work independently and make decisions within the framework of established procedures and protocols within the victim service program;
- ·Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and active listening and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients;
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment;
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position, including navigating stairs and uneven ground during on-scene crisis intervention;
- Active RCMP Enhanced Security Clearance;
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
The wage rate for this position is $29.16 - $34.29 per hour plus 11% in lieu of benefits. The hours of work will vary to include days, nights and weekends. If your experience and education have prepared you for success in this role and you are committed to working in a manner that supports a respectful, healthy, and safe environment, we invite you to submit a cover letter and resume.
|Application Deadline:||4:30 p.m., Monday, June 18, 2018|
|Submit your application:||Apply online at www.whiterockcity.ca/careers|
Thank you for your interest. Only selected applicants will be contacted