Squamish First Nation
Squamish First Nation
Chen Chen Stway Human Resources Department, North Vancouver, BC
Posted: May 30, 2018 Posting Closes: June 21, 2018
Reporting to Management, this position is responsible for the reception function, is the junior administrative service provider to a +/- 10 person hr department and coordinates a variety of administrative duties/tasks for the department. The incumbent is responsible for providing a wide range of support to the recruitment & orientation team and health and safety officer, including drafting employee documents, tracking data, hr help desk support, time entry, and other admin tasks as directed. The incumbent shares some responsibilities/duties with other coordinator team members as well as provides back up coverage in their absence. The incumbent is well organized and requires strong interpersonal, technical/administrative skills; with exceptional time management, multi-tasking, customer service skills; and works well independently under minimal supervision. Some duties follow established procedures while others require independent judgment. Operates at a high level of people interaction and must be able to respond with courtesy, tact and diplomacy. The incumbent keeps all Squamish Nation information strictly confidential.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for reception function.
- Responsible for maintaining office and ordering supplies.
- Responsible for payroll information/time-entry, cheque requisitions, purchase orders, etc.
- Performs administrative and clerical duties for human resources team.
- Performs administrative and clerical duties for recruitment and orientation division.
- Performs administrative and clerical duties for health & safety division.
- Is main contact for building, alarm system, etc.
- Adheres to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as a member of Chen Chen Stway Human Resources Team.
Education, Level of Experience & Hiring Requirements:
- Certificate in Human Resources, Business Administration, Office Administration or relevant/related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Plus 1-2 years of directly-related experience in majority of duties listed in the job description, including office administration/coordination, file management and organization, providing admin support to a team, support to HR programs/functions, reception, etc.
- As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to HR programs/functions, coordination, employment law, computer software applications, customer service, etc.
- Experience as an intermediate level user MS Office, the internet, etc.
- Working experience with a large scale computerized database system. Experience with JD Edwards is an asset.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations Community (particularly Squamish) is preferred.
- Must have a valid BC Driver’s License Class 4 or 5. Class 7N may be considered.
- Must have a reliable vehicle and current auto insurance. May be willing to consider incumbent that has regular access to a vehicle (ie 2-3 times per week as needed).
- Must successfully complete Criminal Records Check as per Squamish Nation Policy.
- Grade 12 plus 4-5 years of directly-related work experience may substitute for above education and experience.
A combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered for above education and experience. The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
Salary: As per Squamish Nation Performance & Compensation Strategy.
All applications must be completed using
on-line application, link for all postings, at: http://www.squamish.net/jobs/
Application MUST Include:
- Cover Letter & Resume
- References from direct supervisors, and
- Official copies of school records
Chen Chen Stway Human Resources 336 West 4th Street North Vancouver, BC V7M 1J1 604-985-8335
ONLY APPLICANTS WITH RELEVANT TRAINING & EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW