Foreman, Water Services
Foreman (Full-time), Water Services
As the ideal candidate, you hold Alberta Environment Level III or IV certification in wastewater treatment and/or hold level III certification in water distribution and wastewater collection. Experience with Biological Nutrient Removal (BNR) is an asset.
You have a comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of all aspects of wastewater treatment system operations and/or water distribution and collection system operations. You are able to:
- read and interpret piping and instrumentation drawings, lab and flow results, gauges, recording devices and general plant instrumentation;
- determine the equipment, tools, manpower and materials required to complete assigned projects;
- interact professionally and respectfully with vendors, contractors, residents, visitors and coworkers;
- exercise discretion and judgment in decisions related to operational duties;
- establish and maintain effective and productive work relationships with associates and across the leadership and employee teams;
- use hand and power tools, and;
- perform cognitive and physical demands of the position (e.g. manual dexterity, good vision, ability to work in awkward or small spaces and a variety of environmental conditions and to push, pull and lift items of up to 50lbs).
This position is based on 40 hours per week in a 7-day a week operation and requires participation in our emergency on-call rotation. Rate of pay is certifications-based and ranges from $37.89 (6 certifications) to $45.38 (12 certifications) based on experience. On-going training and development are part of the Water Services department’s mandate.
Further qualifications for this position include; Valid Class 3Q Alberta’s drivers licence and clear driver’s abstract, valid basic first aid and CPR certificate, competence in Microsoft office suite, familiarity with iFIX SCADA programs. Skills in contract/project management is also considered an asset.
“Taking care of Banff: our People, our Community, our Park.”
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found, reply in confidence to:
Mail: Box 1260, Banff, AB, T1L 1A1
Drop off: 110 Bear Street
For more information about why the Town of Banff could be your next great career move, please visit banff.ca/jobs. The Town of Banff appreciates the interest from all applicants, and will directly contact those being considered for an interview.