City of Surrey
Reporting to the Environment Manager, this is a complex, professional position requiring considerable expertise to review City capital infrastructure projects, land development applications, Water Sustainability Act Notifications and Change Approvals and environmental reports while ensuring compliance with bylaws, regulations and policies. The Environmental Coordinator will work on a number of high-profile infrastructure projects, environmental programs and provide guidance to both staff, and consultants and the public.
- You will bring your expertise of environmental regulations to review and process complex capital infrastructure projects, environmental programs and technical reports.
- You have excellent stakeholder engagement skills and will liaise with other departments, consultants, municipalities, governmental agencies, community and environmental groups.
- Your leadership skills will be put to good use as you lead team, task forces and committees, and supervise staff as well as provide guidance and training to staff and external agents.
- You are a competent public speaker and will make presentations to the public, technical committees on environmental reports in relation to strategies, policies, bylaws, land-use plans, and Integrated Storm water Management Plans.
- You have a strong sense of urgency and will respond to inquiries and emergencies related but not limited to pollution events, fisheries, wildlife, water quality, and stream and habitat protection.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A University degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in a related discipline and a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A valid and unrestricted driver’s license with a safe driving record.
- Registered as a Professional Biologist (R.P. Bio)
- Directly related experience with a municipality or other public sector organization is considered an asset.
Apply online at www.surreycareers.ca