Senior Technical Analyst
BC Public Service
Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure
Victoria or Coquitlam
Senior Technical AnalystSalary $67,418.93 - $77,019.79 annually, plus a 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
Three regular, full time permanent positions are currently available. Two positions are located in Victoria, B.C.; one is located in Coquitlam, B.C.
The Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure plans transportation networks, provides transportation services and infrastructure, develops and implements transportation policies, and administers many related acts and regulations as well as federal-provincial funding programs, including the Building Canada Fund. The Ministry opens up B.C. through innovative, forward-thinking transportation strategies that move people and goods safely, and fuel our provincial economy. Improvement of vital infrastructure is a key goal, along with enhancing the competitiveness of B.C.’s transportation industries, reducing transportation-related greenhouse gas emissions and providing B.C. with a safe and reliable highway system.
To deliver on the Ministry's mandate, the Information Management Branch supports the Ministry’s IM/IT requirements with innovative and responsive services. The Branch partners with central agencies and service providers in the provision of timely, cost effective solutions.
The Senior Technical Analyst manages the acquisition and servicing of infrastructure technology products and related services, develops and establishes computer systems infrastructure technology policies, procedures and standards, and provides advice and counsel to branch and ministry staff, clients and vendors.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Degree in computer science field or equivalent and three years of related experience; OR,
- Diploma in computer science field or equivalent and five years of related experience; OR,
- Secondary School graduation or equivalent and ten years of related experience.
- Experience managing projects, developing action plans, and leading technical teams for large technical projects in an IM/IT enterprise environment.
- Experience in assessing customer requirements, and implementing technical and business solutions.
- Experience coordinating resolution of technical and business problems while managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Experience evaluating technology architecture and new technologies in order to implement new application architecture solutions that satisfy business needs.
- Experience providing technical advice and guidance to work teams, managers and executive.
- Preference may be given for experience working with oracle web logic application server.
For more information and to apply online by June 4, 2018, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/50444