Birthday Party & Childminding Instructors
City of Surrey
City of Surrey
Birthday Party & Childminding Instructors (Auxiliary)
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
As the City of Surrey’s Parks, Recreation & Culture Department, we enhance the quality of life in our communities by working to provide and facilitate the development of high quality parks, facilities and services; by celebrating diversity and community identity; and by ensuring accessibility and inclusivity for all. We fulfill our mission through open communication, a customer focus, and respect for individuals.
We are currently recruiting for auxiliary Birthday Party & Childminding Instructor positions. Successful candidates will be outgoing individuals with strong leadership abilities and have some experience working with children from 0-12 years of age.
Childminding Instructors will:
- Supervising and interacting with children ages 0-12;
- Supervising snack time;
- Cleaning and organizing toys and play materials;
- Assisting with general care and tasks that one would assume during a childminding experience;
- Ensuring the environment is safe for all participants and peers.
Birthday Party Instructors will:
- Instructing, facilitating and organizing children’s activities for between two (2) and four (4) hour intervals;
- Working with children between the ages of 2 and 12 to provide a fun and memorable experience;
- Using creative skills in a leadership role to organize kids’ activities and plan group events. Kids’ activities may include a variety of crafts, physical activities, and games.
- Valid Emergency First Aid and CPR level C with AED certification.
- High 5 certificate (assets);
- Demonstrates leadership ability and ability to work independently as well as in a team;
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing;
- Ability to multitask with excellent organizational abilities;
- Good interpersonal, customer service and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a fast paced environment.
If you are interested in this opportunity please apply at SurreyCareers.ca to Job ID 2124. Posting will remain online until the position is filled.