CMBC Assistant Maintenance Manager
TransLink (South Coast British Columbia Transportation Authority)
CMBC Assistant Maintenance ManagerJob ID: 20180245
Over 600,000 passengers rely on Coast Mountain Bus Company every day to get them to work, school and all of the activities that make life on the Lower Mainland so rich and exciting. Our more than 5,400 dedicated employees keep the buses, the people and in so many ways the vibrant pace of this city moving.
- Oversee the planning, scheduling and monitoring of the preventive maintenance, engine overhauls and repairs to ensure maximum availability of vehicles in a safe, road worthy condition and to meet fleet service requirements.
- Develops, recommends and manages the implementation of preventive maintenance programs which comply with departmental practices, standards and business objectives.
- Analyzes, investigates and implements solutions to technical maintenance and repair.
- Participates in developing the Fleet Maintenance budget and monitors approved expenditures.
Education and Experience
The competencies for this position would be acquired through a Red Seal Interprovincial Ticket in commercial transport vehicle mechanics or a diploma/degree in a related mechanical field plus courses in supervisory techniques, and labour relations, plus six (6) years previous experience in progressively responsible positions relating to commercial vehicle maintenance, which include supervisory experience with a multi-disciplined team in a unionized environment with a broad knowledge of all aspects of mechanical, electrical and electronic repairs, trouble shooting, maintenance procedures and vehicle inspections, and ability to administer policies, procedures and union agreements.
- Advanced knowledge of the principles, theory, concepts and practices of vehicle maintenance.
- Advanced communication both written and oral.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills including negotiations and conflict resolution skills
- Solid leadership skills to provide direction and manage reporting staff.
- Solid computer skills in standard office tools including word processing and spreadsheet software and use of web-based systems.
Recruitment Process: An applicant will be required to demonstrate their suitability for this position by meeting the minimum level of qualifications and experience in order to be invited into the selection process. A standard interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioural descriptive interview questions.
37.5 Hours per Week
Salary $83,407 to $104,259 ($42.62 to $53.28 per hour)
How to Apply
Please go to http://www.coastmountainbus.com/careers to apply for this position and view instructions on the process.
INSTRUCTIONS: Please save your (1) cover letter and your (2) resume as one pdf document prior to uploading your application on-line.
Please note that only those short listed will be contacted.
Having trouble applying? Please view the System Requirements & FAQ's by going to http://www.translink.ca/careers.
Coast Mountain Bus Company is an equal opportunity employer.