District of West Vancouver
Experienced Flaggers Wanted!
Are you an experienced Traffic Control Person (Flagger) looking for steady Full-Time work? The District of West Vancouver is looking for you! Please apply today to join our friendly, safety-focused team.
Job duties include:
- Directing drivers, pedestrians, and workers to safe routes around road construction sites;
- Reviewing traffic management plans;
- Setting up and providing traffic control specifications;
- Training other site workers about traffic and equipment safety;
- Responding to questions from members of the public regarding traffic direction, alternate routes, and driving directions, and;
- Performing other related duties as required.
We’re looking for candidates who can:
- Work effectively and efficiently in a team environment or alone while maintaining a safety first mentality;
- Follow traffic regulations and safety procedures while adapting to last minute schedule changes;
- Communicate effectively and exercise tact and diplomacy while interacting with member of the public;
- Exercise sufficient physical strength and agility to perform the duties of the position and operate related equipment, and;
- Record and maintain records related to the work.
Candidates must have:
- A valid BC Class 5 Driver’s License,
- A BCCSA approved Traffic Control Person certification
- Access to their own vehicle.
Secondary School Graduation plus related work experience would be considered an asset.
Candidates will be asked to provide a Driver’s Abstract directly from ICBC. Successful candidates will be required to supply a criminal record check and a copy of their credentials.
This posting does not list all the duties of the position, nor does it fully detail the required skills, knowledge and abilities, licences and certificates required of candidates.
WVMEA (Union) – Temporary, Full-time
Hours of Work:
40 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
Rate of Pay:
$23.44 per hour ($20.93 per hour starting wage + 12% in lieu of benefits)
11:59 p.m. Thursday, May 31, 2018
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Portal at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position. Please note that all candidates must apply via the Career Portal; we do not accept resumes via email or hard copy.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.