City of Kingston
City of Kingston
Job Number: J0118-0774
(Summer Student Job 2018)
Job Code: NOACCS
Job Category: SUMMER STUDENT
Department: Financial Services
Job Type: Summer Student
Number of Positions: 2
Length of Time: May 1 - Aug 31, 2018
Hours of Work: 35 hrs/wk
Date Posted: February 13, 2018
Closing Date: March 12, 2018
Kingston’s vision of being a smart, livable 21st century city is fast becoming reality. History and innovation thrive in our dynamic city located along the beautiful shores of Lake Ontario, an easy drive from Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal, in the heart of eastern Ontario. With a stable and diversified economy that includes global corporations, innovative startups and all levels of government, Kingston’s high quality of life offers access to world-class education and research institutions, advanced healthcare facilities, affordable living and vibrant entertainment and tourism activities.
- Responsible to complete accounting project work as assigned.
- Assist with system input including journal entries and accounts payable vouchers.
- Assist with account reconciliations, spreadsheet development and spreadsheet maintenance.
- Responsible for filing, photocopying and other office duties as assigned.
- Hours of operation are 8:30am – 4:30pm / Monday – Friday.
- MUST BE CURRENTLY ENROLLED IN FULL-TIME POST SECONDARY STUDIES AND RETURNING TO FULL-TIME POST SECONDARY STUDIES IN THE 2018-19 SCHOOL YEAR. DOCUMENTATION WILL BE REQUIRED.
- Preference for those taking an accounting/business related program.
- Must demonstrate corporate competencies: Customer Focus, Results Orientation, Integrity, and Teamwork.
Skills, Abilities, Work Demands
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- A satisfactory CPIC (Criminal Record Check) will be required at successful candidates expense.
- Working knowledge of financial management systems.
- MS Excel and Word proficiency at the intermediate level.
Please apply to Career Opportunities at: www.cityofkingston.ca/Careers
Your resume must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position. Please upload to your profile, any educational Degrees, Diplomas and/or Certificates that are relevant and required for the position you are applying to. We thank all of those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The City of Kingston is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Apply for this job