Human Resources Manager - City of Port Coquitlam
City of Port Coquitlam
Human Resources Manager
Job ID J0422-1699
Organization: City of Port Coquitlam
Job Title: 22-074e - Human Resources Manager
Job Type: Regular Full Time
Location: Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award-winning, values-based organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
Do you have extensive, broad-based Human Resource expertise gained through a proven track record of leading public sector, unionized organizations using a strategic, innovative, results-oriented, pragmatic, people focused approach? Have you successfully built social capital with key stakeholders including union executives, senior leadership, elected officials and your direct reports? Do you lead with integrity, passion and optimism? If this sounds, like you, we would like you to join our small but mighty HR team!
As the Manager of Human Resources, you will provide strategic advice and leadership in all aspect of human resources including labour relations, collective bargaining, performance management, recruitment, disability management, compensation and benefits, OH&S, staff development and HR analytics. Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Manager, the successful candidate will be an integral member of the Human Resources team with an opportunity to expand the breadth and scope of their responsibilities over time by demonstrating impact and achieving results.
What you bring:
- You have exceptional relationship building skills and an ability to quickly establish credibility, trust and presence with key stakeholders across all levels of the organization
- You are a natural problem solver who can quickly assess and confirm complex situations through effective listening, consultation, data analysis and analytical skills and come up with tangible solutions
- You demonstrate continuous improvement in yourself and in the processes and systems you have influence over
- You are a gifted writer who is able to deliver clear, concise, reader focused materials
- You have experience managing and being part of teams and have a collaborative and inclusive leadership style yet can be decisive when required
- You have 7+ years’ experience in Human Resource and are on a trajectory towards more complex and challenging roles
- You have a diploma or degree in human resources, public administration, business administration or a related discipline and have or are working towards your CPHR designation
- You lead with integrity, “walk the talk” and expect the same of others
- You are intrinsically motivated, humble, helpful and caring.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary and benefits plan
- Sector leading educational allowances
- A challenging and rewarding career in the service of our community
- An ideally sized organization where meaningful impact and contribution happens every day
- A dedicated and supportive action-oriented team who lead by example
The City embraces diversity, equity and inclusion and encourages you to apply if you have the competencies we are looking for and are interested in what we have to offer by going to www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs and quoting competition #22-074e by July 6, 2022.
All prospective employees are required to complete a criminal record check.
City Employees are required to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated as a condition of employment.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.