Dispatcher - Nelson Police Department
Nelson Police Department
Who are we?
We are the Nelson Police Department located in beautiful Nelson, British Columbia.
This is a casual position and the applicant must be available to work varying shifts on an as needed basis. If you have strong interpersonal skills, are well organized, able to multi task and can communicate effectively with staff, the public and on the phone, this job may be for you.
Are you ready to make a real difference in peoples' lives?
Are we the right fit for you?
- You don't just like a fast-paced environment, but you thrive in it. You enjoy technology, are adaptable and multi-task with ease.
- You are calm under pressure.
- You really like people and are empathetic.
- You know how to take charge and are good at diffusing conflict. You can be assertive when required, but always respectful.
- You are quick with questions and can summarize information that you hear.
- You are a problem solver.
- You are a team player and consider constructive feedback a means to become better at what you do.
- You have a desire to help people - all people!
Are you who we need?
- You are fluent in English, both spoken and written.
- You can pass a security clearance by the Nelson Police Department.
- You can type at least 44 words per minute. You adapt to technology easily.
- You have graduated from high school.
- You can work full-time shifts - up to 12 hrs.
- You are resilient and know how to take care of yourself. You are a quick learner.
- You are a Canadian citizen or Permanent
For your safety and the safety of others, you will be required to demonstrate proof of full vaccination for COVID-19 prior to beginning work with the Nelson Police Department.
Interested applicants should reference #22NP03 and submit their resume and cover letter by January 31, 2022 at 3pm to: email@example.com